Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Days 43 and 44

I know I didn't post last night...Truth is, I didn't even open my computer. It was just one of those days. I don't have any other excuses! I'm having major issues with my child! We had a super busy, long day on Sunday...but the way she was acting yesterday was beyond a sleepy mood. It gets a bit wearing...Thank goodness I'm here at my mom's. It's hard being a "single parent". I am a very patient person, but my buttons have been pushed way too many times in the past 48 hours! All that being said, I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for the world! And I love Alana more than anything!

I tried on two separate occasions to go to the Y yesterday and work out...neither was successful! I am not gonna go into the gory details, but see the above paragraph :) I could have gotten on the treadmill here, but I was so frazzled that didn't happen either. Today I worked out with Justin. It seemed like forever since I had a session with him, and we did some pretty good stuff! I was enjoying every minute...I missed two days of working out, and it seemed like two months. That's a good sign, right?

The food thing has been a pain in my butt the past two days also. I haven't eaten anything bad...I think the problem was our lack of groceries. If the food isn't there, you can't eat it...and you have to scrounge around to figure out what you can eat to stay on plan. I figure if the worst thing I eat is Fiber One cereal with skim milk, the world will not end...We all equally loathe grocery shopping in this house. My mom finally gave in and made the trip tonight! So I'm hoping for a better tomorrow! Alana and I did enjoy a yummy meal with Uncle Jonny and Liam at Zaxby's today...I had a salad with grilled chicken. Let's face it, not a lot to choose from that is healthy on that menu :)

I am ridiculously tired, because as if yesterday wasn't long enough...my mom woke me up in the middle of the night, doubled over in pain. She was seriously ill. She is not the type of person to be complaining about not feeling well, and she practically crawled up the stairs to my room and said she wanted to be in there "in case something happened to her". This of course freaked me out. Then she asked me to take her blood pressure...I did, and it was super low, as was her heart rate. After she finally got a little rest, she is MUCH MUCH better today, but please pray for her...I hope whatever it was that hit her last night never shows its ugly face again!

There will always be obstacles, but it's what we do when we reach them that matters...

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. So sorry it's been a ROUGH 48 hours! Proud of you for hanging in and making the most of it and for staying on your plan and working out today. It would have been easy to flake out after your craziness yesterday. Praying for your mom, as well. Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete