Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 49

Yes, I'm a dork. I post pictures of myself on my blog. My weigh-in was not as successful as I'd like to have thought it would be...I lost 0.4 lbs, woo-flippin-hoo. The good news is that I wore this size MEDIUM shirt today :) This is another nice NSV.

Soooo...Today has been pretty much all over the place for me emotionally. I can't piece my thoughts together well enough to blog about it. The biggest thing has been this. I have tried to think of how to write this post with it still making clear and perfect sense, but I don't know that it's possible. I pretty much ate like crap today. I ate some chocolate, I ate some starbursts (only 2)...We had pizza for dinner, which I only ate one piece and was done...but THEN I hit up the dessert pizza and ate enough of that to make up for it. The worst part is that it was all just mindless, emotional eating. I hate it. It doesn't matter how much I miss my husband or how tired I am or how badly I want to sleep in my own bed sometimes...I shouldn't be eating to make it better. It's all a big learning curve, right?

We started a sermon series in James today, which happens to be one of my favorite books of the Bible. The pastor said something that got to me...maybe not in the way he had planned for it to, but regardless it did. He said how lucky we are that we don't have to be perfect to follow Christ. He doesn't make us wait til we've reached perfection (and thank goodness, because we would never get there)...But He takes us AS WE ARE and loves us just the same. So who cares if I only lost 0.4 lbs. This is about progress, not perfection...and I am loved no matter what the scale says.

And knowing that, this week I am going to push harder and go stronger...

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing in your progress loss and Medium shirt! Loved your other post and the reminder to lift up the men & women who fight for our freedoms. Don't beat yourself up about your emotional eating day. You are doing wonderfully my friend!

    ReplyDelete