Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 51

We all have them...Yesterday was one of those days. It started off pretty good, but by about 4 or 5 p.m. started slowly going downhill. I wish I could say what was wrong, but I don't know. I had an amazing workout with Justin in the morning, followed by some more cardio on the Arc. Alana didn't put up a fuss about going to the gym (which I was very thankful for!)...I came home and cleaned and booked our flights to FL! I was very excited about that. Maybe that's what set me over the edge--the uncertainty and stepping out of my little comfort zone I've created here. Well, let's just say that the leftover pizza in the fridge was screaming my name and I broke. I ate it. On a Tuesday. (Then I threw the rest in the trash) Later, I ate some Lucky Charms. All the while, I was telling myself not to do it. It's frustrating, because I like to be in control. And plainly put, it sucks not feeling like you have control. Maybe that's my problem. I am trying to take control...The good news? Today is a new day. Brand...spanking...new. And I am on my way to the gym in a little while to work out. Progress, not perfection...

Punching, xo

2 comments:

  1. I'm clinging to those words too, "progress NOT perfection!" Having or being out of control is such a dangerous area and that's my BIGGEST struggle, too. Praying for strength today! This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get thedailyverse.com and this is today's verse and message. It's so fitting for both of us!

    But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead...
    Philippians 3:13b

    Forward motion isn't always comfortable, but it is necessary. If you're pressing forward, be encouraged that you're on the right track - learning from but not living in the past - living in today with hope for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete