Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 7

Today was my first official weigh-in, as well as my first "free day". I haven't weighed myself at all this week, since starting on Monday. I was mostly afraid that if I got on the scale and saw no change or even worse a gain that I would immediately become discouraged and stop. I had to steer clear of the scale, which isn't that hard to do since it's downstairs in my mom's bathroom and not readily available to me. SOOOO...After just 6 days on the Body for Life program, I have lost 4.2 lbs!!! I was secretly hoping for 3...but also wasn't sure if I would even hit 3, because I dropped about 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks I was in Nashville (not doing anything special). I figured there went my first week's weight loss...NOPE! I was soooo stoked that I practically came running down the hall to tell my mom!

We ate lunch at the Catfish House here in Smyrna. It is just that...a place where they serve catfish. I'm not a huge fish eater, but I figured I'd eat catfish since that was their specialty :) I was proud of myself :::pat on my own back::: that I did not over-indulge in anything. I ordered the grilled catfish instead of fried...and I had turnip greens instead of french fries or a baked potato. The only thing I ate that was somewhat "off plan" was 2 bites of coleslaw and about 6-8 pieces of fried okra. Trust me, it could've been much worse! I resisted my favorite menu item there--the fried pickles!!! It was hard...but when I got home, I did treat myself to that ONE chocolate marshmallow egg.

Tomorrow is the start of Week 2, and I'm training with TJ again in the morning...My triceps hurt so bad today that I could hardly clap my hands in church...and drying my hair was torture. I guess that means I did something right!

Week One = Success!

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE been following your most recent Body for Life journey and I'm so proud of you! Rejoicing with you on your amazing loss!! Inspired by your commitment at the gym and with TJ! Thanks for your continued encouragement, as well!

    ReplyDelete