Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 10

It's early, but what the heck...I'm still gonna post while I have the time and desire to do so :) Today has been great so far! When I woke up, I was sad that my sore muscles had not miraculously disappeared in my sleep...but I also decided to suck it up. I was walking out the door to leave for the gym when my phone rang...Guess who it was? It was JUSTIN!!! The hubby, not the trainer! I was sooo glad to hear his voice for the first time in almost 2 months. He was in Dubai, off the ship...so he was also in great spirits. I told him that I was glad he called then and not 10 minutes later or I would've missed him! Alana even talked to him...which, trust me, is a huge deal. She is very finicky when it comes to talking to the phone. When we got to the gym, and I got off the phone, Alana asked me when Daddy was coming home. It was sweet and sad all in one...

I hobbled into the gym, after having to park in the farthest possible row from the entrance! Got Alana checked in and headed to my go-to elliptical machine for my warm-up. Ooooh the legs were on fire...seriously! So here comes Trainer J, and he asks how I'm feeling. I contemplate lying, but then I decide to just downplay the pain. I told him I was good, but my legs were sore. He said we would go light on the legs, but he still wanted to do some easy leg work...I did 5 more minutes on the elliptical and met him at the weights, where he greeted me with "I lied...I'm gonna kill your legs today, too!" Wow, not what I wanted to hear haha! But you know what, I did it and it was great! We worked upper body mostly, and he told me that my endurance has improved greatly each session...I can feel that too! He also tested my body fat, which was bad but honestly not as bad as what I thought it would be...I'm only a few percentage points above normal...but STILL!!!

Trainer J will be out on Friday, so I will not have my session...and I will probably have withdrawals! I was going to try and do it tomorrow, but then I decided that after today I might be way too sore...I'm playing it safe. You can guarantee that I will be in the gym doing cardio, though!!!

Another great workout, another day stepping forward...

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on another successful day! And I'm so excited that you both got to talk to Justin! Love reading your blogs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete