Saturday, July 25, 2009

8 Miles

I am writing this with ice packs on each knee, after taking 2 extra-strength Tylenol (because I took Motrin the last go 'round). I haven't run this week...It has been so hectic since we got back to VA. I know that's just an excuse, but the truth is I have been SO TIRED. Well, last night I decided that I was going to run today if it killed me. I'm thinking it might have come close :) Just kidding, it's not that bad. I am just making sure it doesn't get bad. I ran my 8-mile run today...The first 4 miles like to have killed me, but once I hit mile 5 I hit my groove or something, because it got a lot easier. I use that term "easier" lightly! I keep amazing myself...I know if I can run 8 miles after not running for 6 days at all, then I can do the 13.1 in another 6 weeks.

I am also proud to say that my eating was back on track today. I haven't really been focusing on eating right lately. I will give myself credit where it is due, though...I have not had a single Coke, or non-diet drink of any kind since the first week of April! This is HUGE! Even on all of my "free" days...I have completely eliminated those wasted calories from my diet. I was starving this afternoon/evening...probably because I burned 1200 calories on the treadmill this morning. Can I just say it's a major feat to have the calories have to loop back around to zero because you hit 1000? Same with my time...looped back around to zero!

All in all today has been a great day. Alana and I spent some time at the pool this afternoon, followed by an evening at church. I've really missed our church, so it was nice to be there! Then we got stuck in tunnel traffic coming home, but I won't complain...We made it home eventually :)

Justin will be home THIS WEEK! I'm so excited. The best part is that he emailed me tonight saying we are only one hour different in time zones now...This is awesome, considering we were 9 hours different at one point! Just makes it that much more real!!!

Punching, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment