Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sabotage

I have decided not to title my posts with days anymore...There's a few reasons behind that. Number one, I get royally confused about what day it is. Number two, there might be days that I don't get a chance to blog. And lastly, I don't want to number the days because that makes it seem like there's a end to this. This is for LIFE.

So the word of the day is "sabotage". Makes me immediately think of the Beastie Boys. Gotta love 'em. I chose that word, because it best describes what I'm doing to myself. This is a cycle that needs to be broken, and quick-like. After being on vacation for 2 weeks and not following plan as strictly as I have been, I knew it would be hard to get back on track. Then I came back to Nashville and found myself wanting to eat right and exercise. I thought, you know how cool is this? I've got it all together. And then, yesterday happened.

I started the day out right. Alana and I didn't go to the Y, but I was supposed to do my upper body workout and I would rather do that here at home anyway. I was SO proud of myself and the routine I did. I felt like I was doing the workout the "right" way. I literally did it by the book. (And my sore muscles today, let me know I did it right!) Well, somewhere between my workout and bedtime I blew it. Let's just say that my dinner of turkey sloppy joes on a whole wheat bun was chased by about half a thing of ice cream that was leftover from Alana's birthday party. I felt miserable today, too...and that's probably the culprit.

Most of today, I was sluggish and not wanting to do much of anything...I did manage to snap out of it by dinner tonight. Alana and I went to Chick Fil-A and then we came home and Alana rode her scooter a little bit. After that, I decided to mow my mom's backyard. It was a cardio workout to say the least!

I always find myself sabotaging things in my life when they start getting good...especially when it concerns diet and exercise. I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to things and in the past I have had an "all-or-nothing" attitude about lots of stuff. I do not want to fall back into that pattern. Again, this is why I am not going to label things as Day __ of __...This is an on-going process. I don't want it to have that sort of finite measure.

I can and I will conquer this. I will win this battle once and for all...even if it takes me a whole lifetime.

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. You WILL conquer my friend! Totally related to everything you wrote today. And boy do I know sabotage ALL too well! Praying for strength tomorrow. Keep moving forward and don't look back! Love you...

    ReplyDelete