Monday, July 13, 2009

Are You Ready for This?

Ok...I promised I would share the new direction my journey was taking. The truth is, I had to run it by the hubby (who was supportive, like usual) AND I really wanted to be sure that this was something I truly want to do. I have an unfortunate track record of setting out to accomplish things, with very good intentions, simply to give up or get off course soon after starting.

The BFL thing has really helped me to understand that I can finish anything I put my mind to. And while I am still following the BFL eating plan, my exercise routine is going to change a bit...quite drastically, actually!

I am going to run the Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon in Virginia Beach on September 6th! Yes, you read that right. THIRTEEN POINT ONE MILES. And the craziest part is that I'm going to train for it in 8 weeks. Yeah, I'm asking for it!

I started my official training today...My plan called for a 40 minute moderate run (no specific mileage), plus 5 minutes of walking to warm-up and cool-down. I managed to do this and completed a little over 4 miles!

My goal is not to break any records...simply to FINISH the race. Slow and steady. Some of you might remember that on my New Year's resolutions for 2009, I said I wanted to run the 1/2 marathon with my mom in March. That did not happen. I wasn't ready for it physically or mentally! But thanks to the past 4 months or so, I am ready now...so Atlantic Ave. here I come!

For now, I'm going to ice my knees! Preventative measure only, for now :)

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. How awesome!! What a great goal and soon to be accomplishment! You CAN do this! So excited for you and this training regimen. I did the country music 1/2 marathon about 8 years ago without much training and my goal (like yours) was to just finish the darn thing. I ran the first 7 miles and walk/ran the last 6 and made it to the finish line in 2.5 miles. It was a great accomplishment! It's so great to have Justin's support and encouragement. Yay!

    ReplyDelete