Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good Eats

I am proud to say that today has been a great success! I feel like I'm back on track after a couple of questionable days...I woke up this morning and decided to keep myself busy right from the start. Alana and I made our way to the Y, and I got in a nice cardio workout. Today was my "lower body" day, but Alana REALLY wanted to go to the Y--and I figured that after the last couple of days a little extra calorie burning couldn't hurt me! I did 20 minutes on the ARC, followed by a 25 minute run on the treadmill! I was pouring sweat, and man did it feel good! After dinner tonight, I got in my lower body workout...lots of squats, lunges, step-ups...the stuff that is gonna make me crawl down the stairs in the morning :)

I have had a lot of people asking me what I eat on the BFL plan. I thought I'd share it here for once! The plan is pretty simple...you don't have to count calories, although calories definitely count. Basically, you eat a protein with a carbohydrate 6 times a day. One cannot be without the other...and you eat portions based on the size of your palm/hand (depending on what it is). I have a hard time getting 6 meals in, and I usually end up with 5...but today, I managed to fit them all in.

1-Chocolate Protein Shake (EAS Whey Protein) w/ 8 oz skim milk, 1 banana, 1 tsp of natural peanut butter.
2-Turkey Sandwich--Boar's Head deli turkey on a whole wheat Sandwich Thin with a little olive oil mayo and lettuce.
3-Zone Perfect Bar-Raisin and Almonds
4-Lowfat Cottage Cheese with Strawberries
5-Chipotle Lime Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries and Fresh Spinach (see picture below!)
6- Myoplex Lite Bar-Caramel Peanut CrispI posted a picture of my dinner, because I was so completely proud. It was the first time I've ever cooked on a grill...and I think it was a success! And I usually don't eat 2 bars a day, but I was hungry and that seemed like the best choice for a nighttime movie snack. I have managed to refrain from eating any of Alana's popcorn, though it smells sooo good :) We are watching "Bedtime Stories" together. We have had a nice few days together, just the two of us. I am so thankful for her...and so excited that 3 weeks from tonight, our family will be complete again.

Punching, xo

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on your workouts today! And your dinner looks amazing...I'm drooling over here and it's way too late to be thinking about food! Thanks again for your help with BFL plan. Oh and I leave for Russia on 7/25 returning late on 8/2.

    ReplyDelete