Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Proof is in the Pudding.

I don't even know what that means...So today I was emailing back and forth with one of my very favorite friends (Natalia) and I had this flashback...We met the last time Justin was on deployment...Her husband was on the ship with him, most of you know the story so I won't bore you with all the gory details. Anyways, Natalia still lived in Miami and I was already in VA. We would email each other all day, every day. I'm surprised she didn't get fired from her job before she quit :) One thing we did was email silly pictures to each other...Some just to make each other laugh, some to prove that we had put in our time on the treadmill that day. I was actually running about 5 miles a night at that point. Today when we were talking I told her how I'd gained so much weight since we met...she immediately asked if I had been treadmilling. I decided to go back through my old emails--waaaaaay back--and found this picture. Yeah I may not be super model thin, but I was strong and healthy. It looks like I had just gotten out of the shower too haha. Not so much, it was pure sweat dripping from my hair. Seeing this picture does a few things for me. It makes me laugh--come on look at my pose and my smirky face. It makes me all sappy, thinking about those days with Natalia. And lastly, it motivates me! I know I can do it.

*Justin approved the posting of this picture :)

Punching, xo


No comments:

Post a Comment