Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Came, I Ran, I Conquered.

I did it! I ran 13.1 miles and lived to blog about it :) I am super tired (after a sleepless night) and my knees are achy, but I can't complain. I feel like I accomplished such a huge feat. Thank you to all of you who have supported me and helped me believe that I could do it! My official time was 2:51:56. My first goal was to finish the race. My 2nd goal was to finish in less than 3 hours. I did both! I ran the entire race, walking only through the Cytomax stations to rehydrate. This totaled about a minute and a half of the entire time! Justin had to work last night (and tonight, too) so he missed the race. He did get my updates via text message from the amazing technology of the race world. Angie was awesome enough to not only go to my race but also to take my mom and Alana to see me cross the finish line!

They first found me right before the 12-mile marker

Run Portas, Run :)

Alana in Jalen's stroller...probably pouting haha.

Here I come towards the finish, almost to mile 13...

Still smiling...and still running!

I look like a goob but I am standing!

I have the world's grossest blisters thanks to a wonder called the sports bra.
The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's nasty and it STUNG when I took a shower!!!

Icing my knees and ankle post-race and shower...
STILL smiling!
My medal!
What an awesome experience! Will I do it again? You betcha! I might have to give my body a little time to recuperate, but I loved the feeling of running with so many people and on such a huge level. It was amazing! I am so glad that I did this!!!

Punching, xo

3 comments:

  1. I liked this post a lot.
    My mom's running the Rock and Roll half in San Antonio uhm... soon. Haha

    but CONGRATS! Such an accomplishment. I could never do that. Goodness, you're great.
    Can't wait to see what the next one is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you girl....you did amazing!! I am glad I was there to see it with your mom and Alana...we had fun!!! Who knows maybe I can do the next one with you....you inspired me to want to get off my butt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I would feel accomplished if I made it two miles. LOL :) I can't even imagine 13. Congratulations. Pretty good time, too, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete